Billion dollar idea, week challenge at Royal College of Art and Imperial College London.
A unique ecosystem of services that seamlessly integrates into one platform existing technology for domestic medical lab readings, online data analysis, doctor patient communication, and drug delivery that allows the patient to go from illness to treatment without leaving their home.
Handy Health proposes to reduce the time to treatment from what is currently 2 days - 2 weeks with multiple visits to the GP down to 60-90 min without the patient needing to leave their home if not necessary.
Beyond the patient, what are the public and commercial benefits ?
Handy Health can save the National Healthcare System (NHS) > £1 bln per annum by reducing labour inefficiencies for GPs. In addition, other markets that would be interested are:
1. Public Healthcare in other countries - Efficiencies
2. Private Health sector - Allows access to health at home
3. Shipping industry and Oil & Gas industry- High cost of medical care to employees in remote locations.
4. Army & NGOs - Medical resources scarce or absent
5. Large corporations as part of employee healthcare package - £13 bln pa loss to UK industry on sickies.
“It will allow for great time savings, in not having to wait around for lab results and calling the patients back in ... It will also allow us to tell patients with confidence when they do not need to visit the hospital and can stay at home”, Dr Ivan Saeger, Kingston Hospital , South London